Firstly, this is something clients should be aware of, with the ability to get 3D renderings completed all over the world, the cost can fluctuate drastically. For example, using a UK based company or a company in India. The company in India will be able to create the images much cheaper due to fewer regulations and cheaper labour. In contrast, you could also find 3D artists online from the UK that are bedroom warriors. These people do not own the software nor do they have any overheads other than the electricity of their PC.
Often working overseas or with a single 3D artist will cause some major problems. Let’s note a few below:
- Language barriers
- Illegal software
- Image quality
- Time zones
These are usually at the lower end of the spectrum and can’t guarantee a good quality image or service.
In contrast, having images created by a 3D studio with a £50-£200 price tag should be taken within the concept and design phase. 3D studios can do images for this price, but the detail will not be what is required for the top end images. What you pay for is what you get. If you wish to try your luck with cheap rendering companies, then beware it may cost you more in the long run.
TIMES WHEN THE CHEAPEST OPTION IS BEST:
- Time frame is not a concern
- Quality is not a concern
- Budget is very tight
THINGS TO WATCH OUT FOR:
- Always check portfolios
- Does the work look realistic?
- Does it look like client work?
- Is all the work consistent quality?
- Are the details good enough?
- Is there a nice environment?
- Are there nice reflections?
- Are there nice appliances?
- Do the models look good quality?
- What are the hidden costs?
- Do they charge for higher resolution images?
- Do they charge for more revisions?
- How long has the company been in business?
- Do they have a physical address?
- Do they have a phone number?
- Do they have any reviews?