Amazon Images Guide
Learn Amazon visual storytelling with this guide to create captivating product images.
Almost half of the online shoppers say that not being able to physically touch a product is the worst part of online shopping. So the best way to increase your E-Commerce sales is to have high-quality imagery that represents your products to the best of its ability. Even though it is not the same as holding a physical product, Amazon’s image can help shoppers get closer to a shopper’s experience.
At XO3D we assist our clients with stunning imagery for their E-Commerce and/or Amazon shop to help drive their sales. With our extensive experience with the product, rendering field, we know what sells products.
On this resource page, we will discuss the requirements of Amazon images.
WHY DO YOU NEED E-COMMERCE & AMAZON IMAGES?
Amazon images play one of the most important parts of driving your online sales through their website. They also contribute to customer satisfaction. Amazon states that every detail pay in their store requires at least one product image, but they recommend providing six images and even one video. Top-quality images make it easier for customers to view and evaluate your products.
It is important to choose the right leading images for the product detail pages, as this is considered the ‘MAIN’ image that will make the first impression and drive sales. Show-stopping images make you stand out from the crowd and catches customers’ eyes to encourage them to click through your product page. The main image must show only the product for sale on a white background. The product should fill the image frame. Additional images should show the product in use or in an environment, different angles, and all the features.
Providing accurate and detailed product images also benefit sellers as shoppers will know what they are buying. Therefore, there will be fewer returns & negative feedback.
AMAZON IMAGE REQUIREMENTS
AMAZON IMAGES: FILE TYPES & NAMES
Amazon has some image standards that are specific to different product categories and you can read more about that here.
Each one of your product images must follow Amazon’s naming conventions. They should include the following:
A product identifier: An Amazon ASIN, ISBN, EAN, JAN, or UPC
A variant code: An optional four-character code. These should be used if you’re uploading more than one image to a product page.
- To appear in search results, add the variant code ‘MAIN’ to the primary product image. Amazon would presume this is your main image if you don’t include a variant code. However, if you upload photos with different variant codes, none of them will appear.
- Add variant codes like PT01 and PT02 for additional product shots
- Add TOPP, BOTT, LEFT, RGHT, FRNT, or BACK for images taken from different angles
- Use codes IN01 and In02 etc. for interior shots of books
A file extension: As stated above, you can only use one of the following.tif, .jpg, .gif, or .png to identify the image’s file type.
Amazon sellers need to follow the formula – ASIN.VARIANT.FILETYPE
AMAZON IMAGES: SIZE & RESOLUTION
Images need to be high quality, especially to enhance the advantages of Amazon’s zoom feature. The zoom feature has been shown to help enhance sales.
For detail pages, images need to be 1600px or larger on the longest side. The smallest file size allowed for zoom is 1000px, and the smallest image size can be a minimum of 500px.
Images must not exceed 10 000px on the longest size. So to get the highest quality images you should aim for higher resolution.
The file size is not an issue, as Amazon compresses the images before they are displayed. So the best practice is to get the images at the highest possible resolution and quality and submit them to Amazon and let them do the rest.
AMAZON IMAGES: OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Standards for ALL images:
- Images must show the product accurately and represent the product that is on sale.
- Images must match the title of the product and fill 85% of the frame or more.
- Images must be clear, not blurry or pixelated.
- Images must not be offensive.
- Images must not show and Amazon branding.
Standards for MAIN images:
- MAIN images must have a pure white background of RGB colour values 255, 255, 255.
- MAIN images must be professional (graphics, illustrations, mock-ups or placeholders are not allowed). They must not show excluded accessories or props that might confuse the customer.
- MAIN images must now show any text, logos, borders, colour blocks, watermarks, or graphics over the top of the product or in the background.
- MAIN images must show only one view of the product.
- MAIN images must show the entire product that is on sale.
- MAIN images must show the product outside of its packaging.
- MAIN images must not show a human model unless they are standing.
- MAIN images of clothing, accessories must not show any part of a mannequin.
- MAIN images for clothing must show the product on a human model or lying flat on a surface. Invisible mannequins are acceptable as long as the product is not obscured.
- MAIN images must not show Kids & Baby clothing on a human model. They must be shown lying flat on a surface or using an invisible mannequin as long as the entire product remains visible.
- MAIN images of shoes must show a single shoe, facing left at a 45-degree angle.
Reference and more details can be found here.
ELEGANT IMAGERY SELLS PRODUCTS.
Need help with your imagery?
TOP TIPS FOR CREATING AMAZON & E-COMMERCE IMAGES
1. Make Sure You Have 6 Top Quality Images and 1 Video
- Make sure the first image is amazing and stands out on a white background.
- Three Explainer images or infographics that show the features and benefits.
- Two lifestyle images of the product being used.
- One product video that shows people you mean business.
2. Make Sure You Show The Products Size
Essentially for products like furniture, it is particularly important to let your customers know the size. Amazon sellers can do this by either showing the product in a use case environment with other objects to compare the size too. Or have infographics with the dimensions on.
3. Follow Category Requirements
Each category has a different set of specific rules. Make sure you check and recheck your requirements.
Read up on this in detail here.
4. Hire A Professional 3D Company To Assist You
A professional 3D rendering company can help you create your six images with no hassle of having to purchase photography equipment and have to learn photography. With extensive experience in Amazon listings, XO3D can help you get your listings up swiftly and get you on the road to making your first sales. We know what makes a good sales page.
PRODUCT IMAGES HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER
SEND US A BRIEF
Send us a contact email, and we will send you some forms to fill out for the project estimate. Once you approve the quote we begin.
KEEP IN TOUCH
We send a range of images for comments while working with you the client to make your visuals come to life just how you want them.
Approval of each stage throughout the project with constant communication.
WHY CHOOSE XO3D FOR YOUR AMAZON IMAGE LISTINGS?
SPECIALISTS IN CREATIVITY
At XO3D, the best creative minds tailor your project to bring your products to light in amazing fashion.
XO3D drives by technology and continually seeks solutions to improve our workflow. From the latest software and hardware, to different strategies to complete projects faster with constant improvements on quality.
We pride ourselves in communication and customer service. Throughout your project there will be constant updates of how we are getting on with your images. We are always at the end of a email or phone call.
THE BEST EXPERIENCES
With a diverse team of artists, designers and 3D modellers. We have the perfect experience for any creative project to bring your ideas to life.
Ensuring the smoothest process. We deliver quality work on time.
Through our experience in workflow optimisation, we can give you the discounts and give you more bang for you bucks.