Video marketing has been proven repeatedly to be one of the most effective methods of marketing you can utilise. Studies have shown that 80% of the total internet traffic will be video content, meaning you’re missing out on a ton of potential customers if you aren’t using this technique in your business strategy.
This blog will outline why using video marketing as part of your digital strategy is so effective, how to use it effectively, and what kinds of video content you should create.
Video content in 2019
Video content is a powerful tool to have in your marketing arsenal. There are many reasons why video content has been on the rise, and the following are just a few:
- It’s easier than ever to create videos with the widespread availability of smartphones and cameras.
- Videos can be shared more easily because they’re shorter and don’t require as much reading.
- Videos are less expensive to produce than print ads or TV commercials.
- They help you reach an audience that may not be able to read or comprehend text. For example, children and elderly adults might find it difficult to use computers or cell phones due to vision impairment.
- The average internet user spends 4x more time watching online videos versus other types of media such as blogs or newspapers. That being said, it’s clear that video is one of the most effective ways to capture a viewer’s attention!
- In fact, according to YouTube (which currently boasts 2 billion users). Everyday people watch hundreds of millions of hours on YouTube — almost an hour per person per day.
- All these stats show how well-positioned businesses are when using video content for their marketing needs.
Statistics about video marketing
Video marketing helps your business connect with customers in a more personal way. It’s not just about the message you’re sending, it’s also about how you’re sending it.
Customers respond to videos by feeling like they know your business better, which can translate into more sales. In fact, video leads to higher conversion rates than any other form of online content. On top of that, videos are shared on social media twice as much as text or images and people prefer watching videos over reading text-based posts.
When combined with social media marketing, a well-done video strategy can lead to greater success across the board. Marketers who use both types of marketing see engagement rates that are three times higher than those who focus exclusively on one or the other.
What’s more, companies using both methods have been shown to enjoy an average ROI of 126%. Video content will drive traffic to your site, increasing the odds that someone will buy what you’re selling.
We’ve put together a few tips below to help make your videos even more effective.
- Keep things short – keep in mind that most viewers don’t have time for long videos. Your goal should be 10 minutes or less per video.
- Make sure every second counts – get straight to the point quickly and don’t waste valuable seconds with filler words or thoughts.
- Include relevant visuals – show viewers what they’ll get when they purchase from you. Photos of products along with some behind-the-scenes footage will go a long way toward engaging your audience while building trust at the same time.
How to get started with video marketing
Video marketing will help you establish your brand, create trust, and find new customers. To get started with video marketing, it’s important to have a well-defined goal. Once you know what you want to achieve by using video marketing, then it’s time to consider the following:
- What content are you going to produce?
- How are you going to distribute this content?
- Who is your target audience?
- What message do you want your video content to convey?
To make the most of your video marketing efforts, don’t forget about basic SEO strategy. It may sound like common sense but if people can’t find your videos online they’ll never be able to watch them!
When you upload your video to YouTube, remember to include keywords that relate specifically to your company or business in the title and description.
Additionally, you should use tags that relate specifically to your company in order for Google search results to bring up more relevant information.
As far as distribution goes, there are plenty of channels available including social media sites like Facebook and Twitter or even individual email lists where you can promote specific videos on a one-on-one basis.
One way that many marketers utilise these channels is through YouTube’s annotations which allow viewers to subscribe directly from their YouTube channel or share a specific video via social media sites such as Facebook or Twitter.
In regards to who should be watching your videos, it depends on what type of business you’re running.
Different types of videos you can create
For a business, videos are a great way to tell your story. You can create videos that highlight your product or service, create how-to videos on behalf of your customers, and more. Videos can be created in any format – from short clips to full-length films – and you can do it all yourself.
For example, if you’re a consultant, you might make videos about the benefits of hiring you as opposed to other consultants in the area; if you run a bakery, you might make short clips of different recipes; if you sell clothing online, you might create how-to videos on measuring and fitting clothes.
The possibilities are really endless when it comes to video content. Whatever you want to promote, there’s a video solution for it. Even more importantly, there’s been evidence showing that businesses with videos see better engagement rates and higher conversion rates than those without them.
You might think that these gains come at an expense – both in terms of time and money. But studies have shown that there is no such correlation between producing videos and lower profits. In fact, many businesses see an increase in sales thanks to their investment in video marketing!
Best practices for video marketing success
- Focus on the benefits, not the features. People don’t care about your product as much as they do about what it will do for them.
- Make sure you have a clear call to action at the end of your video or before it starts playing (e.g., subscribe to our channel).
- Use video testimonials and case studies if you can get them – people like watching other people and seeing how they react to your product or service in person, especially if they are experts in the field you are targeting.
- Be authentic with your videos – look natural, speak naturally, and use conversational language (not marketing-speak)
- Offer up content that adds value to their lives outside of just selling a product or service
- Keep it short and sweet! Most people will only watch 10-20 seconds
- Don’t forget the power of humour! You may want to post links to viral YouTube clips every now and then
The top reasons why video marketing is effective:
1) YouTube is one of the top search engines in the world.
2) Videos reach 94% of people on the internet.
3) Videos create 8 times more shares than text and images combined.
4) Videos draw more attention than any other form of online advertising because they offer a personal connection between businesses and customers.
5) Social media users spend over 30% more time viewing video content than scrolling through pictures or reading posts.
If you’re not already using video marketing strategies in your business, it’s time to start!
Visual content has the ability to engage viewers more than any other medium: 92% of consumers are likely to buy a product after watching a video about it.
Videos have higher retention rates and conversion rates: People typically remember 65% of what they hear, but 90% of what they see and do. According to Google, more than 55% of individuals watch videos when they purchase.
Additionally, according to Wyzowl, 96% of people have used explainer videos to learn about various goods and services, and 84% of people have made a purchase as a result of watching marketing videos.
84% of marketers who were surveyed said they have produced leads with video marketing, proving that video is also efficient in boosting conversions. It’s safe to say that customers will value video even more in the years to come. It acts as a tool to aid clients in purchasing decisions.
People love videos: Nearly two-thirds (64%) of people prefer viewing video over reading text, making video an ideal option for marketing purposes. Over the past ten years, the number of people watching marketing videos has multiplied tremendously.
Every day, one billion hours of video are watched on YouTube. Additionally, 90% of those who watch videos say they’d like to see more from companies.
Additionally, researchers forecast that videos will account for nearly 80% of all web traffic. Video searches are increasing at a never-before-seen rate.
Videos are shareable: More than 50% of people say that watching a video makes them want to share it with others in order to get their opinion or hear their thoughts on the subject matter.
According to SproutSocial, 50% of users prefer to interact with videos on various social media networks. Over 1.25 billion people use the Watch video feature on Facebook alone each month.
Twitter users themselves adore video. In actuality, Tweets with videos receive 10 times more interaction than Tweets without videos. The cost-per-engagement for Twitter ads can be reduced in half by using video.
Therefore, video marketing for a company is a great option whether you want to distribute content naturally or advertise on social media. Statistics show that social media users regularly engage with video content, therefore you should absolutely enter the contest.
So not only does video marketing work well as a standalone type of media, it also serves as a powerful component in your overall online marketing strategy!
The key is using visuals to tell your story and make an emotional connection with your audience. It’s all about creativity! What will you create today?
In conclusion, when combined with other forms of marketing like social media, email marketing, and blogs, the video becomes a compelling way to reach customers who may not always read ads or respond to print material.
If done right, video could lead potential customers straight into your store—or website—without much effort on your part!
Explainer Video Marketing: Tell the Story of Your Business
The history of a firm is a crucial component of any brand. Every business needs one, and it describes who you are and what you do.
A brand story helps you humanise your company, transforming you from a faceless corporation into a likeable, relatable someone to whom they can relate.
Additionally, it aids in improving your interaction with your clients. Brands are realising the importance of extending their transactional customer relationships into personal ones.
Depending on your brand image, you can convey several business stories. The tale of an ambitious person defying the odds to succeed is a common one. The notion of renewal is another, in which a company is thought to be reviving its customers through its offerings.
Additionally, your story might provide motivation for what you do. By explaining to your clients why you place such a high value on health and well-being, you support the development of your credibility and knowledge in their eyes.
Because you come from a place of honesty and genuinely care about your consumers, rather than just going through the motions to close deals, your clients know they can trust you.
This is crucial in the health sector, where trust is a significant component to take into account when making a purchase, as was already discussed.
And while sharing your company’s history through video adds a new layer that keeps it fresh in your audience’s thoughts, it still works great on your About Us page. Your relationship with your customers will be stronger and more valuable if you emphasise your value proposition and give your brand a face.
Software available for video marketing
- A wonderful site to post your videos is Vimeo, one of the most well-liked video hosting services. Vimeo offers video material that may be tailored to your brand, unlike YouTube. Keep everything appearing extremely professional and take down the Vimeo branding and advertisements.
- A really good video editing feature is now available in Canva, best known as the most well-liked image editing program for bloggers, marketers, and small businesses.
- Promo.com has the resources to let you produce any kind of video, including social media ads, product explainers or demo videos, and product demos. This platform for cloud-based video creation makes it easy to produce top-notch video content for your company.
- AudioHero is yet another top choice for obtaining royalty-free audio tracks for your videos.
- Thanks to the ground-breaking technology that enables you to edit films just like a Word document, Descript is one of the video editing applications with the fastest increasing user base. Description provides resources for editing podcasts, videos, and more.
- The idea of quick social media videos is advanced by InVideo. Create posh-looking videos in a matter of minutes using transitions, images, and text.
- In your social media and YouTube promotions, make sure to use music that is not owned by a third party. If not, you run the danger of encountering copyright problems and having your channels stopped or banned. Songs for use in videos are available to creators on Soundstripe and Artlist with unlimited use.
- When the YouTube videos are prepared, utilise TubeBuddy to analyse video SEO keywords and traffic, investigate competitors, make video thumbnails, schedule publication timings, and much more. A free Chrome add-on is TubeBuddy.
- Looking for a simple method to add visual effects to your projects while editing videos and images? Consider giving FXhome a shot. You have nothing to lose since using it is free. With this new video editing tool, you can quickly modify your films to fit any social media site and publish them online.
- You’re looking for a tool that will enable you to make slideshow videos, video storyboards, and quick postings for Facebook, Instagram, and other social media. In addition to being totally free, Adobe Spark is supported by one of the first graphics firms.
There are many different ways to use online video as a marketing tool, which is extremely popular. Video is crucial for everything from using social proof and educating customers to tell your company’s narrative and fostering stronger customer relationships.
The value of video marketing is in developing the best tactics to meet the needs of your brand and specific company objectives. By 2023, businesses will still place a great deal of emphasis on video marketing, and the health sector is no different.
Health-related enterprises must use every effort to maintain their lead in a sector that is expanding and fiercely competitive. You may significantly develop your health business by using online video in your marketing strategies, and you’ll continue to experience growth well into the next year and beyond.